• Deep knowledge of the process
  • First-hand immigration experience
  • Trusted in our community


Contact us

Green Card Lawyer

Assisting Immigrants in Obtaining Lawful Permanent Residence in the U.S.

U.S. immigration law is a complex area of law. At Herischi & Associates, our green card attorney can help you navigate the immigration process and obtain the lawful permanent residence you seek.

We provide personalized service and will work with you to develop a strategy that is tailored to your personal situation. Whether you are an individual, a family, or are starting a business in the United States, we have the knowledge, skill, and experience necessary to help you reach your immigration goals.

We understand firsthand the unique challenges that immigrants face and will work tirelessly to help you achieve your dreams. We are a family-friendly law firm that treats our clients like part of our own family.

Let us help you reach your immigration goals by calling (301) 710-9600 or contacting us online. Our  green card attorneys are ready to answer your questions.

Understanding the Green Card Process

When you arrive in the United States on a nonimmigrant visa, you are typically only permitted to stay in the country for a limited period of time. However, if you meet certain eligibility requirements, you may be able to apply for a green card that will allow you to live and work in the United States on a permanent basis.

What Can a Green Card Do For Me?

A green card allows you to live and work in the United States on a permanent basis. It does not offer citizenship, and it is not the same as naturalization.

Eligibility for Lawful Permanent Residency in the U.S.

You will be considered a lawful permanent resident and will be able to obtain a green card only if you meet the eligibility requirements.

Make sure you’re eligible for a green card under these immigration categories:

  • Immediate Relatives of U.S. Citizens
    • Spouses of U.S. citizens, including same-sex spouses with legally valid marriages
    • Unmarried individuals under 21 with at least one U.S. citizen parent
    • Parents of U.S. citizens, provided the child is at least 21
    • Stepchildren and stepparents of U.S. citizens if the marriage occurred before the child turned 18
    • Adopted children of U.S. citizens or permanent residents if adopted before age 16 and meeting other conditions.
  • Other Family Members of U.S. Citizens or Lawful Permanent Residents
    • Family First Preference - F1: Unmarried adults 21+ with at least one U.S. citizen parent.
    • Family Second Preference - F2A: Spouses and <21 unmarried children of green card holders. F2B: Unmarried children 21+ of green card holders.
    • Family Third Preference - F3: Married individuals with at least one U.S. citizen parent.
    • Family Fourth Preference - F4: Siblings of U.S. citizens, where the citizen is 21+.
  • Preferred Employees and Workers, Job Offers From Companies in the U.S.
  • Diversity Green Card Lottery
  • Special Immigrations
  • Those seeking asylum and refuge in the U.S.
  • Cancellation of removal or the “ten-year green card”
  • Special immigration cases

There are many other eligibility requirements that you must meet, and it is important to understand them all. Our green card lawyer can help you determine if you meet the eligibility requirements and can assist you in the application process.

Contact Us

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.
  • By submitting, you agree to be contacted about your request & other information using automated technology. Message frequency varies. Msg & data rates may apply. Text STOP to cancel. Acceptable Use Policy