Championing the Rights of Immigrants in Maryland, Virginia, and Washington, D.C.
The United States immigration system can be complex, confusing, and overwhelming. Our immigration services in Bethesda are designed to make it easier to access benefits and achieve your goals. One of our experienced attorneys at Herischi & Associates is an immigrant himself and is invested in helping clients build their lives in the United States. After listening to your story and taking the time to understand your objectives, we will review all available strategies, identify possible obstacles, and do everything we can to deliver the favorable results you deserve.
If you are struggling to access immigration benefits, we encourage you to discuss your case with us by calling (301) 710-9600 or contacting us online. We offer our legal services in English, Farsi, and Spanish.
Our team at Herischi & Associates has a deep knowledge of immigration processes. We regularly use this extensive familiarity to help our clients avoid common mistakes and overcome any complications that may arise when seeking benefits.
Our Immigration Services in Bethesda Include Representation in Cases Involving:
- Asylum. You may be eligible for asylum status if you are a victim of past persecution or believe you may be subject to fear persecution in your home country on the basis of your political beliefs, race, religion, nationality, or membership in a social group. This type of relief can be sought affirmatively if you are already in the United States or defensively if you arrive at the border or are placed in removal proceedings. Our team can help you build a persuasive case and provide comprehensive representation in and out of the courtroom.
- Humanitarian Parole. A grant of humanitarian parole can help you temporarily overcome inadmissibility if you need to enter the United States to manage an emergency. You may be able to obtain this type of relief to tend to a dying relative, attend a funeral service, testify in a trial, or seek medical care that is not available in your home country. If you are inadmissible to the U.S. but have an urgent need to travel to the country, we can help expeditiously prepare a request.
- National Interest Waivers. Many types of employment-based visas require applicants to have a permanent job offer from a U.S. employer. If you have an advanced degree, a bachelor’s degree with five years of relevant work experience, or exceptional ability in your field, you can apply for a national interest waiver that allows you to self-petition for a green card. Our team can assess your eligibility, help gather all necessary documentation, and assist with the preparation of your application.
- Employment-Based Green Cards. Green cards are available to workers of all types of skill sets, education backgrounds, and experience levels. However, a limited number of employment-based visas are issued each year, and many types of green cards require applicants to already have a permanent offer of employment in the United States. We can identify which type of employment-based green card you qualify for, help you prepare your application materials, and assist you and your sponsoring employer with obtaining any necessary labor certification.
- Family-Based Green Cards. Existing United States citizens and lawful permanent residents can obtain green cards for their close relatives. Our team can assist you and your loved ones with the sponsorship process.
- Citizenship. Lawful permanent residents that demonstrate good moral character and maintain sufficient continuous and physical presence for several years may become eligible for naturalization, the process through which someone becomes a permanent U.S. citizen. Naturalization applicants must participate in an in-person interview with a USCIS official and pass a two-part citizenship exam. We can help you prepare your application and prepare for each component of the test.
- Removal Defense. Immigrants – including lawful permanent residents – can be targeted for removal if they are unlawfully present or violate the conditions of their visas. If you or a loved one has been placed in removal proceedings, we will aggressively pursue all available defense strategies and fight for the best possible outcome.